Zanzibar Abeid Amani Karume International Airport
Highlights to explore
Zanzibar island is best known for its endless white beaches and exotic spices. The large historical city of Stone Town has the trading port of the Sultans of Oman. With its world-famous carved doors, the coral stone houses, swarming markets and rich history, it offers a unique Swahili and Arab cultural experience.
1. Get lost in Stone Town – it has plenty to offer.
2. Pack a snorkel mask. You will want to use it almost everywhere.
3. Do not touch coral or fishes when snorkelling.
4. Spices are a big deal. Take a tour to learn more.
5. Zanzibar is a Muslim island so dress appropriately.
6. Beware of scams with tours and only go with reputable places.
7. Dhow tour is a great experience.
8. Zanzibar is a very hot and humid place. The average temperature is around 29 degrees, and it gets only a little bit colder at night. Try to pack light and breathable clothes.